Are you worried about your ad revenue and returns? Are you also concerned about your website traffic and engagement? Then stop worrying and start learning “How to disable Adblock” in few minutes. Once you have read this tutorial, you will not only be able to start earning at a faster pace, you will also increase your reach among masses.
- 1 What is an Adblocker?
- 2 How to disable Adblock (For Webmasters)
- 3 3 simple ways to disable adBlock extensions from your browser:
What is an Adblocker?
As the name suggests Ad Blocker is a simple software working as browser extension or a mobile application. It simply blocks ad from displaying on the page you are browsing on internet. You might have seen many advertisements popping up on the blank spaces of a website and at most of the times, it annoys you or degrades your browsing experience.
With an Adblocker installed on your web browser, you won’t see any of these popping up any more. This will enhance your browsing experience and your web pages will load much faster and easier.
Recommended to Read: Best Ad blockers
Why people opt for Adblock?Here are the key findings:
- Ad formats were interruptive and many malware/virus concerns were among the leading reasons for using Ad block.
- More than 38% of women raised their concerns about the viruses and malware as their top reasons for Ad blockage.
- Interruption has been one of the most significant reason among women for using Ad Block.
- Though privacy was the top concern among the early adopters of the ad block software/web extension, it is too less for the regular or mainstream audience.
Conclusion: Ad block is used to restrict the problems that come along with online advertising and it is not a rejection of the online medium of advertising over the internet.
What are its effects?
You must be having a blog of yourself or you might be thinking of starting one. In both the cases Ad Blocker is one of the most troublesome hindrance, which stops you from growing online and earn handsome money online.
Following are the major effects of an Adblocker:
- Beginners who spend lots of time and effort in creating creative and engaging content, want to receive fruitful results in the face of monetary benefits. They are therefore discouraged by the ad block software/ web extensions and ad block applications.
- Bloggers or general users who want to earn online and use third-party advertising, such as Google Ad sense face this difficulty due to ad blockers.
- It affects the internet users who use third-party advertising networks to generate good revenue from their blog.
- It also affects the bloggers and other brands who wish to earn much more money by showing their advertisements based on people’s interest and choices.
- If you want to analyse or know that your blog is affected by an Adblocker or not, then you can simply see the difference in your Google analytics Pageviews and Google Ad sense page views and you will come to know it all.
How to disable Adblock (For Webmasters)Because there are many ad blockers extension and software available out there to stop you from growing, there are also many ways to get rid of these ad blockers. You can begin this process by either requesting online users for not using these ad blockers if they want to receive and engage with quality and creative content or you can follow these processes to disable Ad block.
Process 1: Follow native advertising:
This is one of the most surest way to escape from the grips of Ad block software/ web extensions. You can save your blog by using native advertising and stay among the top rankers and earners. The working process of an ad block is by reading the page code and then it compares with a list of advertisements.
If your advertisement matches, they restricts your ad from loading for users who have opted for ad block services. In this kind of situation, Native Advertising comes for your help. Under Native advertising, all the resources that you use for online advertising, such as images and videos are stored in your own host. Due to this your ads are no longer blocked by these ad blockers.
Process 2: Opt for a mobile application:
Due to a large percentage of people moving from desktop to mobile phones and thanks to the introduction of the big screen smartphones which has made browsing, engaging and buying on the go, a hassle-free process. You should create a google application for Android phones and for iOS.
Though this is a costly step for having a mobile application but once you’re set with it, you would be saving a lot of money from wasting on people who use ad block. Having a mobile application will also assure you complete safety from ad block applications.
Process 3: WordPress Plugin:
If you are thinking of “how to disable ad block” direct from the source of your website, then you can opt for many free WordPress plugins that are available in the repository of WordPress. By adding a plugin, your website visitors, who are using the AdBlock service, will get a notification, asking him/her to whitelist your blog.
Though this message will not be shown to your dedicated readers. After an Adblock user disables his plugin or whitelist your blog/ website, then he/she will no longer receive these messages.
Though online advertising or using Ad sense is one of the easiest and accessible ways to squeeze a huge sum of money over the internet, you should also keep thinking of newer ways of earning money online. Because in this way you will be able to curb your blog/website fully from the trap of Ad Block software.
You can try the following ways too:
- Try for paid reviews, as this is a decent way to earn money through your blog posts or your website. Keep posting quality content and attractive images.
- Go for sponsored posts. Or you can also set up a merchandise store on your website. In this way, you will; be allowing brands to display their products on your website/blog. And you will be highly paid for it.
- Though the ways discussed in the above points requires a lot of hard work and consistency, you should keep using ways to disable Ad Block for long term benefits.
3 simple ways to disable adBlock extensions from your browser:
If you are using a Firefox Browser:
- Once you have opened the browser, click on the “Tools” from the menu and select “Add-ons”
- Now simply click on the “Extensions” available on the left side pane.
- Try finding “AdBlock” from the list of available extensions and select “Disable” to disable AdBlock temporarily.
If you’re a Safari user:
- On opening the browser, click on “Safari” and select “Preferences”
- Now simply click on the “Extensions” button to see the list of extensions.
- Find “AdBlock” from the given list and toggle the “On” button to “Off”
If you use Internet Explorer:
- Click on “Settings” after you have opened your browser and select “Manage Add-ons.”
- Now click on the option “Toolbars and Extensions” from the left navigation pane.
- Right click on the “AdBlock” on the list and simply click on the “Disable” button.
If you are using Google Chrome:
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the “Chrome Menu” icon from the toolbar.
- Now toggle the pointer on the “Tools” menu and click on the “Extensions” from the drop-down menu.
- You will see a “Trash” icon next to the “AdBlock Plus.” Simply click on the remove button to disable AdBlock plus from your browser.